LOTS of sick days this week

Izzy has been sick most of the week...a fever that kept coming back (no fever today, so hopefully it's finally gone) a hacking cough, and a nose so runny that it's now bleeding.  Poor.  Little.  Thing.  One of us was home with her from Tuesday through Friday.  I didn't get much done at work this week because even when I was there, I knew I should've been home with her.  Ahhhh....the perils of being a working parent.  What WAS nice was getting to spend so much time with her, even though a sick Izzy isn't quite as entertaining as a healthy Izzy.
She wasn't too bad early on Tuesday, yet.  I had to keep her home, though, because of her fever.  Check out the multi-tasking on this one...chattin' on her phone while watching Dora.   

But by Wednesday, she was fully sick and pathetic.
I think this video says it all, don't you?

She wasn't being dramatic.  She REALLY felt this bad.

Thursday I went back to work, which was awful for me.  It was nearly impossible to concentrate, and at 4:15pm I got a call from Joacim with a crying Izzy in the background.  She had been crying for me for a 1/2 hour.  I felt awful so I packed up immediately and headed home.  Joacim had soccer playoffs that evening, so it was just us girls.  We finished making Pernil, which is a Puerto Rican  pork, and then we started making some homemade chai concentrate.  Anyone that knows me knows that I have a severe slight addiction to chai.  I can't tell you how much money I've donated to Starbucks, but it's an embarrassing number, I'm sure.  so when I saw this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website, I HAD to try it. And luckily she was feeling good enough to be my little helper for a bit.

This video I feel a teeny tiny bit guilty about...probably not good that she's eating pure sugar, but she'd had such a rough week....

And here is the end result.  And it is DELICIOUS.  And I'll be making it regularly.  Sorry Starbucks :(

I did get a few smiles out of her

Izzy's fever spiked up again after all of this activity, so I drove into work Thursday night to get my computer because Joacim had a meeting that he couldn't miss.  It was 10:00pm when I left..I didn't get to work until 11:00pm.  A semi had apparently exploded in flames on the interstate.  Perfect.  I slept in a little on Friday morning with her, but had to get up for a web meeting.  While I was on the phone/computer, Izzy sat in the office with me and played with her play-doh.

At one point ALL of the animals were in the office, but 5 living creatures makes it pretty cramped (and I was pretty sure that Rosie would eat some play-doh at some point) so I gated the dogs out. But a gate doesn't hold Lemmy back, and luckily he found a quiet place to rest.

It's been a long week, and I'll be glad to get back to some routine, but at the same time, I'm gonna miss her like crazy.

No comments: