12.29.2010

Dec 29 - visit to the Children's Museum

She sure was happy when she woke up this morning!  I think I'm seeing a change for the better in her mental well-being since we've been home with her.  There is something to be said for time off with the family...for ALL of us!
On this particular day we decided to go to The Children's Museum.  Earlier in the year, I had found a deal on The Savvy Source to purchase a membership for 1/2 price....but I needed to redeem it by December 31 so we HAD to go. 
She l-o-v-e-d the penguin slide.  I think we easily could've spent the rest of the day here.
I think she liked the penguin slide MUCH more than the yule slide (even though we waited in line over 45 minute for it :)



They have a beautiful Chihuly glass exhibit there, and you can take pictures underneath.  Personally, this was the best part of the trip for me.
But I think the best part for Izzy (besides the Yule slide) was the train exhibit.  She was FASCINATED.






LOVE the museum...we only stayed a couple of hours just due to the volume of other visitors. 
We never made it to the playscape area, but we're hoping to take a day off during the week to take her there where she can play more freely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

our biggest mistake last year was trying to make it through the terrible crowds during that week off. best time to go we've found is Sunday at opening time (10am). we had the entire Playscape area to ourselves or a handful of others for at least an hour!