12.09.2010

Christmas Card

We received our first Christmas card in the mail today, and it was from my Aunt Janie and Uncle Norman. He is my Grandma's brother (so I guess that technically makes them my Great Aunt and Uncle) and they are both great. I don't get to see them very often, which is sad because I really enjoy the time when I do.

When I was a kid, we used to go over to their house for Christmas. It was a BIG gathering...both Grandma and Uncle Norman had 4 children each, and with spouses and kids, it was a full house! And I remember that they had a finished basement with this crazy awesome wallpaper (quite stylish at the time) and a pool table...most of the kids would spend our time down there until it was time to open presents :)

Anyway...enclosed in the card were these pictures...










I think I must've been around 11 or 12 years old at this time (I guess as old as my little sister is now....WOW!). What a flood of memories these pictures brought back!!!

But the picture that I absolutely treasure is this one





This is my Grandma and Grandpa. I don't have a lot of pictures of my Grandpa...he passed away in 1995, so this one is extra-special to me...quite possibly my favorite gift of the season. Thank you Aunt Janie and Uncle Norman!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: