11.04.2010

Roger Waters - The Wall

A couple of weeks ago, Joacim and I made the trek to Columbus, Ohio for The Wall by Roger Waters.  The concert was on Friday night, so we took the day off and headed out around noon.  My parents and sister came to our house and spent the night with Izzy (and she had a BLAST, btw...).  We stayed in this hotel downtown that must've been a bank establishment of some sort before, but they did a great job of remodeling it while leaving some of the cool details (pictures below).

Before the show, we wanted to grab something to eat, so we found a tapas restaurant down the street, and it was YUMMY.  Here are some SUPER spicy chorizo meatballs.
And some chicken skewer thing...
And my favorite, sangria....:) sooo good
Then it was off to the concert.  We had FANTASTIC seats..on the floor, near the center...close enough so that I could see Roger Water's ears!  (don't really know why I used that particular reference though :)  Anyway, here we are before the show started....
And here are a bunch of videos we took during the show...











This is a message they left on the wall when intermission started.
And here's a sampling of the images they flashed across the wall during intermission.  Each photo had a story, and some were very moving...
The visual displays were BEAUTIFUL...amazing!
and when the wall came down..it was so..so incredible.
Here we are after the show

It was, by far, the most incredible show I've ever seen, and I say "show" because it was just that...a production..far more than a concert. The imagery..the message..so political and raw. I must do some investigating so I can understand everything I saw.

Once we got back to the hotel, we took a few photos because we knew we'd look ridiculous doing it in the morning during breakfast.  Here's the old vault, currently serving as the breakfast location.
Can you see how thick this door is???  It's like a foot thick!!!

Andd here's a view of the ceiling from the breakfast area.  It's HUGE!
Oh yeah...here you can see how thick the door is...freakin' incredible

This place was so big that they have this grand open space that isn't being used for anything.

It was a great little get-away for Joacim and me, and a great show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eeek! So jealous - I've been a fan of The Wall since I was little. I didn't know RW's show was coming anywhere close to here. Dang. Glad it was a good one!