10.05.2010

Brianne's birthday and a trip to Chicago!

My little sister, Brianne, celebrated her 12th birthday on September 20th.  We were outside most of the day, and the farmers were harvesting the crops.  And I must say that I miss seeing this (but I don't miss the dust!)

Here's Brianne blowing out her candles.  As my gift to Brianne, I decided to take her to Chicago with me for a girl's night.  She had never been to Chicago before, and I wish I could've captured the look on her face when I told her that she was coming with me.  Absolutely priceless, and one that I'll never forget :)
We didn't get to Chicago until late, but after we checked into the hotel, we headed straight out for some shopping.  First stop was The Gap (it was a little chillier than I planned for and wanted to get a sweater), and then to Water Tower Place for some dinner.  After that, we did some more shopping.  Here's Bri sitting near the Water Tower.
Little girl in the BIG city!!!
We walked down to the river because I thought she's want to see that.  She kept making fun of me because I don't like walking over the bridge, but she quickly realized how much it vibrates when cars are driving over it!
After we were done shopping, we stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a snack and then back to the hotel room.  Bri's here playing with my iPad.
The next morning, we got up and had breakfast, headed to Village Pantry to grab some snacks, checked out of the hotel and headed to Soldier's field.  I was participating in the Chicago Nephcure walk (and also photographing it).  Here's Bri with her new friend Gina.  Gina also suffers from FSGS, same disease as me, but this girl has more personality than her little body can handle!  :)
After the walk was over, I took Brianne to get the best taco she'll ever have in her life.  I used to live above this Mexican joint called Taco Burrito Place #3 (no idea where #1 and #2 are) but it is THE BEST TACO AND NACHOS I'VE EVER HAD, and I'd been jonesin' for one for a long time, so it was perfect in every way.

Then we headed back south to take Brianne home.  After I dropped her off, I decided to take a little drive through the country.  There are a bazillion windmills that have gone up right near my parent's house, and I wanted to take some photos of them, plus the light was INCREDIBLE!  This picture below was taken on a country road right north of my parents house.  I used to go on this road every day on my bus route to school.

It's a little freaky standing underneath these things, but they are very quiet...

No comments: