3.01.2010

Recipe of the Day - Ravioli Toss


This is what we had for dinner tonight., and yes, it came from Cooking Light (March 2010). Now normally, I would link to the photo, but it doesn't look like it's up on Cooking Light's website yet, but whenever it comes up, though, I'll make sure to link it. This is actually a recipe from Ellie Krieger. In the meantime, here's the recipe:
2 (9 oz) packages refrigerated whole-wheat four-cheese ravioli
2 cups cut green beans
1/2 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese

1. Boil the pasta as directed. Add the green beans to the same pot the last 5 minutes of cooking.
2. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes and tomatoes.
3. Drain the pasta and add to the garlic mixture. Toss to coat evenly. (I added the crisp prosciutto here).
4. Serve topped with freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.


This recipes was RIDICULOUSLY easy to make, and FAST. I ran some errands after work, so when I got home, Joacim was STARVING, and I bet this only took about 20-25 minutes from start to finish.

Now I DID modify the recipe a bit:
1. I used a 20 oz package of 4-cheese ravioi, but it wasn't whole wheat
2. The sun-dried tomatoes I used were packed in oil (couldn't find any that weren't), but I tried to drain off as much of the oil as possible
3. I used grape tomatoes instead of plum tomatoes, and cut them in half
4. I omitted the salt and pepper (didn't seem to need it)
5. I took some fresh prosciutto and put it under the broiler to crisp it up, then I crumbled it and added it to the toss.
6. I used olive oil that was garlic-infused

The photo above shows the end result. And it was soooo easy and yummy! Highly recommended for a quick, relatively healthy meal. Enjoy!