8.03.2009

County Fair

This past Friday, we decided to head over to the Marion County fair for some good ol' fair food..that's right..corn dogs and elephant ears (or, in this case, funnel cake). I have such good memories of the fair when I was a kid. I was active in my local 4-H club (Round Grove Kounty Kousins..thank you very much!), and always looked forward to competing. I did baking, ceramics, drawing.....heck, can't remember much else. But I ALWAYS wanted to show an animal. What I wouldn't give to have been able to show a cow at the fair. I always thought those people that showed animals had it sooo lucky! Maybe I'm crazy...anyone care to chime in?

I think it's funny how warm and fuzzy memories can be, or maybe it's just that they don't live up to your current reality. The reason I'm saying this is because this fair WAS NOT THAT MEMORABLE. :( In fact, sometimes it was a little iffy at best...but I won't go into details. We really wanted to see some animals, but by the time we got there, they were doing the auction, so we only got to see a few (except we did see one lady fall into a pig pen...kinda funny!)

When we got there, we went straight for the concessions. Joacim had a gyro (not exactly what I'd call Fair Food), but he loved it. I went for the corn dog. I love corn dogs. I hate hot dogs. Weird, isn't it? So I'm sitting there with Izzy, eating my corn dog, and decide to see if she'll eat some of it. And she does...rather well I should say. I felt a twinge of guilt feeding her deep fried crap, but she liked it and so do I, so I figure no harm no foul, right?




She quickly bored of the stroller, so we got out the teddy bear backpack again and let her run around. The democrat party of Marion county was kind enough to give her a balloon (which some redneck hillbilly threatened to pop because it said Democrat...seriously..what the heck?).


Look how happy she is with her balloon!!! (okay, okay..I know the video needs to be rotated, but I took it with my iPhone in the wrong direction...sorry, but you're gonna have to tilt your head on this one!)

No comments: